What do people need to work as a foreign expert?


Updated: 2013-08-29

The term ‘foreign expert’ refers to foreign professionals, who look for work in China to meet China's economic and social development needs at the invitation of the Chinese government, an enterprise, institution, multinational, or other organization.

The following foreign professionals can apply for foreign expert status in China, in line with foreign experts department regulations:

1. Foreign technical or management personnel following an agreement between governments, or international organizations.

2. Foreign professionals in education, scientific research, the news media, publications, culture, art, health, sports and other fields.

3. Senior technical or management professionals working as a vice-general manager or higher at a major company in China or working at an equivalent level.

4. Representatives of overseas organizations or employment agencies, accredited by the State Bureau of Foreign Expert Affairs.

5. Professionals in economics, technology, engineering, trade, finance, accounting, taxes, tourism or other fields with special expertise that is needed in China.


What we do

SAFEA is responsible for certifying foreign experts to work in the Chinese mainland and organizing overseas training for Chinese technical and managerial professionals.


All Rights Reserved Sponsored by State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs Powered by China Daily