What is a Foreign Expert Work Permit or a Foreign Expert Certificate and who issues it?


Updated: 2013-08-29

The Work Permit is a legal document from the foreign expert supervision department that gives a person permission to work in China as a foreign expert, which allows that person to apply for a ‘Z’ visa, Foreign Expert Certificate, and residence permit.

The Certificate shows that a person is working in China as foreign experts and is useful for anyone applying for a residence permit.

The Foreign Experts Work Permit and Foreign Expert Certificate application can be handled by the State Foreign Expert Affairs Administration, the foreign expert affairs bureaus at the provincial, autonomous region, and municipality level (directly under central government administration), the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps Foreign Expert Affair offices, or at certain ministries and commissions, or corporations under State Council administration.

What we do

SAFEA is responsible for certifying foreign experts to work in the Chinese mainland and organizing overseas training for Chinese technical and managerial professionals.


All Rights Reserved Sponsored by State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs Powered by China Daily