What materials are needed for a foreign expert to apply for a new Foreign Expert Certificate when he or she is changing jobs?


Updated: 2013-09-26

1. Foreign Expert Certificate application form, with a photo of the applicant

2. CV of the applicant (including education and work experience) in both Chinese and a foreign language, with an official seal from the prospective employer

3. Copies of diploma from the highest institution where the applicant studied or professional qualification certificate. The originals may be needed by authorities if necessary 4. Health certificate issued or verified by a health and quarantine department arranged by the Chinese government

5. Employment agreement or contract (with attachments) and copies, in both Chinese and a foreign language

6. Cultural or educational experts need a copy of the employer’s qualification certificate; economic, technical and managerial experts need the company’s business license or approval certificate along with a copy

7. Applicant’s passport and visa, and copies of the two

8. Residence permit and copy

9. A one-inch ID photo

10. For any family member accompanying the applicant in China, a passport, visa and residence permit (along with copies of each) as well as a health certificate and two one-inch ID photos of the family member 11. A recommendation letter of the former employer, stating the title of the new employer, with an official seal of the former company’s expert management department

12. An official letter from the new employer

What we do

SAFEA is responsible for certifying foreign experts to work in the Chinese mainland and organizing overseas training for Chinese technical and managerial professionals.


All Rights Reserved Sponsored by State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs Powered by China Daily