What materials does a foreign expert, without a Z visa, need to apply for a Foreign Expert Certificate?


Updated: 2013-09-27

1. Foreign Experts Certificate application form, with one photo of the applicant.

2. Applicant’s CV (including education and work experience) in both Chinese and foreign language, with the official seal of prospective employer.

3. Copy of diploma from the highest institution the applicant attended or certificate of professional qualifications, with official seal of the prospective employee and, if necessary, the original of these materials.

4. Health certificate issued by or verified by a health and quarantine department with Chinese government recognition.

5. Employment agreement or contract and a copy, in both Chinese and foreign language.

6. In the case of cultural or education experts, a copy of the employer’s qualifications; in the case of economic, technical and managerial experts, the employer’s business license or certificate and a copy.

7. Applicant’s passport and visa, and copies.

8. Residence permit and a copy.

9. A one-inch ID photo.

10. If any family member is accompanying the applicant, a passport and visa and copies, a residence permit and a copy, a health certificate, and two one-inch ID photos.

11. Any related certificates or materials needed to confirm that the applicant is a high-level person or investor.

12. An official letter from the prospective employer.

What we do

SAFEA is responsible for certifying foreign experts to work in the Chinese mainland and organizing overseas training for Chinese technical and managerial professionals.


All Rights Reserved Sponsored by State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs Powered by China Daily