Who can apply for a resident permit?


Updated: 2014-05-19

1. Any foreigner with a Z, X, or J-1 visa from a Chinese embassy, consulate, or Ministry of Foreign Affairs office in Hong Kong or Macao, or other offices with Ministry of Foreign Affairs authorization.

2. Any foreigner traveling to China without a visa who does not leave, not including the following: accompanying children; parents or parents-in-law; partners; foreign embassy or consular or international organization staff at branches in China; or non-lineal relatives as approved by the Foreign Affairs Ministry Protocol Dep’t; UN or government officials involved in China-assistance projects or working in China on a mutual agreement long-term, or any accompanying family members.

3. A foreigner entering the county with L, F, or J-2 visa with related documents

What we do

SAFEA is responsible for certifying foreign experts to work in the Chinese mainland and organizing overseas training for Chinese technical and managerial professionals.


All Rights Reserved Sponsored by State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs Powered by China Daily