What do foreign experts need to pay attention to in renting housing?


Updated: 2014-05-19

A foreign expert can get the employer to rent housing for them or they can go through a property agent to look for housing. Under no condition should they rent housing in the following way:

1. Renting from someone without proof of ownership.

2. Housing that has been sealed off or is limited by the justice department or administrators.

3. Housing with a joint house owner who has not given their approval.

4. Housing whose ownership is in dispute.

5. Housing in a building that has been deemed illegal.

6. Housing that fails to meet safety standards.

7. Mortgaged houses without approval by creditors.

8. Housing that does not comply with public security, environmental protection, or hygiene regulations.

9. Housing that cannot be rented according to local laws and regulations.

What we do

SAFEA is responsible for certifying foreign experts to work in the Chinese mainland and organizing overseas training for Chinese technical and managerial professionals.


All Rights Reserved Sponsored by State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs Powered by China Daily