In order to carry out the spirit of “ improving the social credit system of modern market economy ” at the 16th National Congress of Communist Party, increase the management level of national science and technology (S&T) plan, and boost the construction of scientific and technical credit system in China, the decision on promoting credit management in national S&T plan is now made as follows:
Ⅰ. It is an important measure to promote the credit management for increasing the management level of national S&T plan in the circumstance of market economy
1. Along with the continuous improvement of socialist market economy system and especially after China’s entry into WTO, the credit will play a more and more important role as the foundation of the market economy. It is an urgent demand to establish and improve the society credit system for the development of socialist market in China. As the important part of the society credit, the S&T credit is the profession credit of the individuals or organizations engaging in S&T; and also is an assessment of the ability and performance when these individuals and organizations abide by the formal promises, implement stipulated obligation and abide by the behavior disciplines recognized by the S&T community.
2. Implementing development plan is an important content of the S&T undertaking and an important measure for the government to promote the sci-tech progress in China. It is an important measure to promote the credit management in national S&T plan (hereinafter referred to as “the credit management of national S&T plan”) for the improvement of management of national S&T plan in the circumstance of market economy.
3. The purposes of credit management of national S&T plan are to heighten the management level of national S&T plan, improve the justness and efficiency of government’s distribution of S&T resource, improve the credit consciousness and credit level of the main-body related to the national S&T plan, restrict and standardize the behavior of the main-body related to the national S&T; regularize behaviors related to S&T plan, and prevent and restrain corruption from the original source. The credit management of national S&T plan would run through the whole process of national S&T management, in which the credit management mechanism should be established at every aspect such as approving project, budgeting, implementing and checking etc.
Ⅱ. The basic principle of the credit management of national S&T plan.
4. The credit management of national S&T plan should adhere to the principles of seeking truth from fact, regard the fact as basis and also accomplish the objective record and just assessment.
5. The credit management of national S&T plan should fully respect the internal rules of S&T activities, help form the self-discipline and self-regulated mechanism of the S&T circle and protect the enthusiasm of S&T innovation and legitimate rights and interests of the credit management object.
Ⅲ. The object and basis of the credit management of national S&T plan.
6. The object of the credit management of national S&T plan is the relevant main-body, participating in and implementing the national S&T plan, who consists of executor, evaluator and governor. The executor is mainly the undertaker units and project directors, the evaluator the assessing experts and organizations; the governor refers to the organizations and managers accepting commission to implement the management function.
7. The basis of the credit management and assessment of national S&T plan include the formal promises project contract, task assignment, commission agreement and budget: the management system, policies and laws related to the national S&T plan and the behavior principle recognized by the S&T world, etc.
Ⅳ. Establish the credit information evaluation index system of the national S&T plan and gradually set up information sharing platform system of the national S&T plan.
8. The basis of S&T credit management is the S&T credit information; which includes the three aspects of the basic information of management object, the record information of bad behavior and the record information of good behavior. The basic information comprises the identity information and the S&T activity information of main-body related to the national S&T plan. The bad behavior record refers to the improper conduct of the relevant main-body while taking part in the activities of S&T plan and the due punishment. The good behavior record refers to award rewards to the relevant main-body while taking part in the activities of scientific and technological plan.
9. The credit information index system and assessment method related to the main-body of the national S&T plan are a basic work with key meaning of the credit management at present. It is necessary to strengthen research, set up the credit information assessment index system and confirm its assessment method as soon as possible.
10. In combination with the e-government project, the credit database for the national S&T plan and the credit information sharing platform system are established progressively. The uniform criterion for the credit database of national S&T plan and the credit information sharing platform system should be studied and constituted urgently; and the credit databases for each S&T plan established according to the uniform criterion. These databases are the major part of the credit information sharing platform system. Based on those databases, the credit information sharing platform system of national S&T plan will be set up gradually, and realize the credit information sharing on different stage and right so as to offer materials and technical support for the credit management.
Ⅴ. Paying attention to the collection, record and use of the credit information of national S&T plan; regarding S&T credit as one of the important bases in management and decision-making of the national S&T plan
11. Every administrative department related to national S&T plan should pay attention to the collection of S&T credit information and record objectively. The credit status of executor, evaluator and governor while participating in activities of the national S&T plan; at same time make the collection and records true, complete and accurate.
12. Every administrative department related to national S&T plan is the major customer of credit information. The credit management should be effectively combined with the management of project, fund behavior criterion of relevant main-body, S&T performance and so on. In each key step such as approving project, or budgeting and or checking of national S&T plan, the credit status of relevant organizations and individuals should be queried or assessed; and become an important basis of the management and decision-making.
13. The people, with good credit, will be encouraged by some proper measures; while the others, with bad credit, should be supervised effectively and punished according to the seriousness of the case. The severe discreditable behavior, being verified once, will be announced as a warning in term of the regulated procedure.
Ⅵ. Strengthening management to actively and steadily promote the construction of credit system of national S&T plan.
14. The establishment of S&T credit management system should be pushed actively and implemented step by step: and, based on increasing the cost of break-credit, made a reliable progress in standardization of the scientific and technological credit system.
15. At the present stage, the government should play a dominating role in the credit management of national S&T plan and the professional organizations be encouraged to participate in the credit management. The S&T administrative department of the State of Council should strengthen the credit management of national S&T plan. Each industry and region could establish its credit management system in accordance with the current stage of S&T undertaking. The intermediary agencies could accept the commission to undertake the technical task and other routine issues related to the S&T credit management and offer the service on scientific and technological credit.
16. Abiding by the law and strengthening the moral construction and propaganda about S&T credit. Thereby the improvement of the credit consciousness and credit level of each party related to national S&T plan would be promoted through credit education like propaganda and training.