On May 7th of 2009, the signing ceremony of consulting mechanism protocol between MOST and the People’s Government of Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region & 1st ministerial-regional consulting work meeting were held in Hohhot, marking the formal launch of comprehensive cooperation mechanism between MOST and Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
According to the protocol, cooperation will be carried out in the following five fields:
1. Promoting the development and efficient use of coal, rare earth and other unique resources;
2. Facilitating R&D and industrialization demonstration of renewable energy;
3. Jointly establishing “Northern China Green Ecological Belt” to guarantee sustainable socioeconomic development.
4. Accelerating S&T innovation in agriculture and animal husbandry, and promoting bumper grain harvest project and safe livestock products project;
5. Pushing international cooperation and exchanges as well as the building of technological transfer platform in the region, and boosting S&T cooperation between China, Inner Mongolia in particular, and Russia.